Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Velayutham interview by vijay-sify exclusive

AVM Studio- The mood is upbeat as the Velayudham team is shooting for a special programme to be aired on Jaya TV.

Flashing one of his trademark shy smiles, Vijay speaks to Sridevi Sreedhar in his first interview about Velayudham releasing for Diwali.

Velayudham is special to you?
Yes, it is very special and I accepted the film, as I liked the story very much and working with my director Raja was a pleasure. My last release Kaavalan was a pure love story and now Velayudham has shaped out well as a sensible mass commercial film.

Why do you say sensible commercial film?
As reported by a section of the media, I don’t play a superhero nor do I possess any super power. I play an ordinary man who has a reason to take the cudgels and fight the system. Director Raja has made the transformation of my character with realism and that according to me is the highlight. I shared excellent rapport with Raja and all credit goes to him.

Why don’t you promote your films aggressively?
I hate to speak or praise my film before the release. I want my fans and audiences to go to the theatre without much expectation and get entertained. I hate to blow my own trumpet saying that my film will satisfy you and blah blah.. I have been getting a lot of positive feedback of the trailer and audio. Now after release, I’m sure that the visual impact of songs will satisfy the audiences.

Tell us about the two heroines?
Hansika and Genelia were excellent co-stars. Hansika has terrific comedy timing and realising that, Raja utilised it to the maximum. Genelia has a very important role of a journalist who motivates and brings about a transformation in me.

Your next films are all with top directors like Shankar, Gautham Menon and Murugadoss. Was that a conscious decision?
(Smiles) If I tell you the truth, I have been contacted by the so-called big directors only now. I didn’t plan anything. It just happened. Remember that I am an actor I do roles that are given to me. My job is to give the people a ticket to their very personal Disney Land for three hours.

You are working with Santhanam for the first time...
Yes, Santhanam has this unique quality of bringing a smile on everybody’s face when he appears on screen. He need not even open his mouth to crack jokes and no wonder women and children love him. We had a great chemistry on the sets.

Which film will you be watching for Diwali?
I will be watching all the Diwali releases and I wish the 7aum Arivu and Velayudham team all the very best.

http://www.sify.com/movies/velayudham-is-very-special-vijay-news-tamil-lktlV5idjga.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts